Updated: Jan 8
Samantha Anson, owner of Sam's Spot Catering, graduated from the Culinary Arts Training Program, a 10 week culinary education program in Boston, MA run by chef Timothy Tucker. This program was featured on the Megyn Kelly TODAY Show using Sam's Salted Caramel Brownies recipe!
View the article here.
Salted Caramel Brownies Recipe
Think it's hard to make salted caramel brownies from scratch? Think again. It couldn't be simpler! The final result is an irresistibly sweet and slightly savory combination.
1 1/4 sticks of butter chopped
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chocolate chips
For the Topping
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the brownies:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a double broiler, melt chopped butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until fully liquid. Once the chocolate base is formed, take off the double broiler and set aside to cool for 3-5 mins (you don't want your eggs to cook!).
3. When cooled, add vanilla and stir. Slowly add flour and mix.
4. When you see no more flour add one egg at a time and mix.
5. Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts (optional).
6. Line a 13-inch x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and pour brownie mix into the pan. Spread until the mixture evenly coats the pan.
7. Bake for 30-35 mins. Stick a toothpick in at 30 minutes to check to see if the brownies are done.
8. Pour salted caramel topping (see below for instructions) over brownies. Serve immediately.
For the caramel topping:
1. Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Combine sugar and cold water and stir.
2. Cook without stirring until sugar turns amber, about 10-12mins. Pay close attention to the saucepan so the liquid doesn't burn.
3. In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream for about 2 minutes.
4. When caramel is ready, whisk into the warm cream and serve immediately.